The Criminal Justice program is designed to give students both theory and hands-on experience with skills and knowledge in the field. We strive to emphasize the development of effective communication both written and verbal, required professional and academic skills, and problem-solving abilities, with strong emphasis on overall safety. The classes cover law enforcement, the courts, corrections, criminal investigation and forensic science including: A thorough examination of the Criminal Justice System and how its components operate. Police Operations including how to make an arrest and all the aspects of how a police department functions. Criminal Investigation and Forensic Science techniques necessary to properly process and document a crime scene. Criminal Law and Procedure examines all aspects of our justice system and its operation.
Click HERE to navigate to our page about SOAR credits and college in the high school.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
- Personal Protection Baton Tactics (PPBT)
- Practical and Tactical Handcuffing (PATH)
- Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training (OCAT)
- Monadnock Defense Tactics System (MDTS)
Units of Study
- Crime Scene Management
- Use Of ForceCriminal
- Law And Procedures
- Health Issues
- Police Concepts And Skills
- Corrections Concepts And Skills
- Court Systems
- CommunicationsSecurity: National, International, And Local
- Special Populations
Visit the Criminal Justice Resources Page for more detailed information on this exciting program.