ACTI’s Early Learning program focuses on the provision and management of childcare services. We prepare our students to plan, design and manage childcare facilities and programs that meet children’s developmental needs and interests and provide safe and healthy environments.
The Early Learning program includes instruction in child development and psychology; home-and institution-based childcare; identification of diseases, injuries and psychological trauma and applicable referral; parent relations; personnel and business management principles; and related laws and policies. Students who successfully complete the program can find careers as preschool teachers, daycare and early childhood center managers, childcare workers, special education teachers, and more.
- Heartsaver AED
- Heartsaver First Aid
- Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
- Penn State Extension “Get Started with Center-Based Care”
- Penn State Extension “Health and Safety Basics”
- Act 31 Mandated Reporter- University of Pittsburgh
Early Learning at ACTI
Learn how ACTI’s Early Learning program sets students up for success with a career in early childhood education.
Units of Study
- Job opportunities
- Toy selection and safety
- Safety and sanitation
- Health maintenance
- Child abuse awareness
- Special needs
- First aid/ CPR/ AED
- Advanced child development
- Program development
- Positive child guidance strategies and techniques
- Classroom arrangement
- Providing developmentally appropriate learning activities
- CDA portfolio